- This event has passed.
Art of Athletics Festival – FIFA World Cup viewing & the arts
November 21 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
The Festival highlights the art and cultural dimensions of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ — bridging art, athleticism and community. Join QAIC in celebrating the beautiful game and get a taste of the celebrations in Doha here in D.C. and experience:
- An exhibition of the Official FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ posters designed by Qatari artist Bouthayna Al Muftah
- Models of the Eight 3D state-of-the-art, sustainable World Cup Qatar Stadiums
- The premiere of a special sports-themed Museum Series featuring Abdulla Yousef Al Mulla, Director of the 3-2-1 Qatar Olympic and Sports Museum and Boyd Smith, curator at the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum in Colorado.
- Public Screening of the U.S. Men’s National Soccer Team game vs. Wales live on FOX
- Family-friendly and community-based art activities
- Tours of QAIC’s Perfumery Museum and current exhibitions, Cultural Crossings: Exchanges Beyond the Silk Road and the 2021 IMPART Artist Grant Award Exhibition featuring the work of Josh Berer, Nia Campbell, and Patricia Daher
- Free gifts from QAIC sponsors (available on a first-come-first-served basis)
Plus, a limited-time incentive to join QAIC’s Membership Program at a discounted rate. Join as a Supporting Friend or Patron and receive a special discount plus a gift of an official licensed FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ product.
This program is supported in part by the Embassy of the State of Qatar to the United States, Blue Salon, ConcoPhillips, ExxonMobile, and QatarAirways. Qatar America Institute for Culture is a tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization, Tax ID 82-2783541. Your gift is tax-deductible to the extent fully allowed by law.
This event is free and open to all. Registration is not required but encouraged.