We have the remarkable privilege of transporting you around the world to an ancient land filled with wonder and excitement – all in a single evening. Step into Qatar for an exclusive evening of its food, music, culture and new friends! Taking place at Qatar’s America Institute for Culture (QAIC).
1) QATARI FOOD: Enjoy a specially prepared buffet of Qatar and other delicacies native to the Arabian Peninusala.
2) REFRESHMENTS: Traditional juices and nonalcoholic drinks will be served.
3) OUD MUSIC: Experience live Qatari music as interpreted by a native Oud player.
4) QATARI GREETING: The evening will include welcome remarks by QAIC Executive Director, Fatima Al-Dosari.
5) QATARI ARTS & TOUR: Explore the significant and historic time of Qatar’s pearl diving heritage through a contemporary lens in the exhibition, Pearls of Wonder: a digital era as well as view interdisciplinary projects highlighting contemporary culture, education, and innovation in Doha.
Take a journey through the senses at QAIC’s popular Perfumery Museum which explores the history, art, and science of olfactory art from East to West.
Plus, enjoy a display of Qatari traditional and contemporary fashion for visitors to try on for photo ops, board games, as well as Qatari music and films presented in collaboration with the Doha Film Institute (DFI).